Volunteer as a steward for Brixton Splash 2013 on Sunday 4th August and gain free training and experience. This year’s volunteers have already received training for the day and the opportunity to take part in a full day of training from Accenture (a leading management consultancy) which included team working, interview skills and CV writing training. They also got free tickets to our afterparty! We hope to offer them training at regular intervals throughout 2012/13 by way of thanks for their hard work at Brixton Splash 2012.
Volunteering to be part of a leading community street festival will help you gain events experience and training as well as enjoying some of the best of Brixton music, food and hospitality.
- Event stewarding training sessions from our established security and stewarding company
- Full support on the day from our security company and Brixton Splash Board
- Further free training in life skills, CV compilation, event management etc.
“I voluntered as a steward for brixton splash a couple years ago. Since then I have undertaken my undergraduate degree a B(A) in Creative Industries which has included modules on live music events management and production. Through this I have put on several live music events within the Roundhouse Camden, gaining various experiences in different roles including programming, A+R, project management as well as assisting on the stage production. I have previously assisted at live music events at the rich mix, shoreditch through a charity and at a festival in Kingston.
The year I voluntered at Brixton Splash was absolutely amazing! The community spirit in the area on that day as well as the organisation of the event was incredible. I knew that I wanted to go away and get experience to hopefully one day come back and help out at the event in a more prevalant way. I am aware that the event is a week away however I was wondering if there was an opportunity assist at the stage with my experience or possibly shadow the event managers for the day.” Natalia Rajapakse Splash Volunteer 2012.
How to apply
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Brixton Splash, 29 Saltoun Road, London, SW2 1EN
- Deadline for applications: 1 July 2013
To apply, you must be available to steward at the event on Sunday 4th August. You must also be:
- Over 18 years old and fit enough to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Enthusiastic about your local community