Brixton Splash needs YOU !
Founded in 2005, Brixton Splash is a not for profit community organisation providing a free one day community street festival in the heart of Brixton attracting over 15,000 people. Throughout the rest of the year the organisation delivers an outreach programme for those disadvantaged or excluded within the local community. Brixton Splash is led by the community for the community.
A lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes to make sure this event happens, and it wouldn’t happen without the support of local volunteers like you.
This local, well-loved free community carnival needs experienced professionals in the following areas:
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- PR and Communications
- Grants / Fundraising
- Crowd management/ Stewarding
If you have the relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join this fun and dynamic organisation please fill in the form below stating the area you have experience in. Alternatively send your C.V. along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer as a Hospitality Steward for Brixton Splash 2016 on Sunday 7th August.
This is your chance to become part of a very successful local community street carnival which features non-stop entertainment, crafts and food stalls from across the world. Attracting over 15,000 people the festival gets better each year!
By volunteering you will benefit from free training, essential event stewarding experience and the opportunity for further employment.
To participate as a Brixton Splash volunteer steward you must agree to:
- Be available to attend the event on Sunday 2nd August (hours are variable)
- Attend an event hospitality stewarding training class
- Be available to attend a meeting with the Brixton Splash Event Management Team in July
- Be over 18 years old and fit enough to handle working on an outdoor event for up to 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch break
By volunteering as a steward for Brixton Splash 2015 you will:
- Increase your knowledge of event management (Health & Safety, crowd control and risk management)
- Extend your work experience (helping future job prospects); and
- Improve your team working skills and public communication skills.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided and a contribution towards travel costs for steward specific training.
How to apply:
Please fill out the application form below.